Key coverages for our personal insurance clients include:


Addresses the house, garage, and other structures as well as personal property. Also addresses damages incurred by a third party. Flood, earthquake and sinkhole collapse coverage must be purchased separately.


Addresses liability for injuries the policyholder causes to someone else and to someone else’s property. May also address damage to the policyholders car from collision and non-collision incidences as well as costs resulting from collisions with a hit-and-run driver or a driver with no insurance.


Addresses a policyholder’s belongings when renting and provides liability coverage to address damage caused to third parties.

Umbrella Coverage

Addresses losses that exceed the limits of an underlying policy.

The following enhanced coverages may be recommended to assure that your are adequately protected. Enhanced coverages that your broker may find appropriate are described below.


Similar to an automobile insurance policy, ATV/Motorcycle coverage addresses damage to vehicle or property, theft, vandalism, injury to the insured or other people, personal liability, and/or accidents with uninsured or underinsured drivers.


Generally not included in the key coverages listed above. Commonly requires a higher coinsurance amount than other property losses.


Coverage is often excluded from most property policies. Flood damage coverage from the federal government under the National Flood Insurance program can be purchased through licensed insurance agents.

Personal Articles Floater

A policy addition that addresses expensive personal items not covered in the base policy. Such items may include jewelry, furs, artwork, etc.

Personal Watercraft

Personal watercraft includes jet skis, wave runners and other similar crafts. Most personal watercraft policies address physical damage and liability. Options for medical payments, uninsured boats, trailers, towing and more may be available.

Special Event

Addresses liability protection for hosting activities such as weddings or parties away from the residence premises and not covered under personal liability insurance.

Water, Sewer Back-Up

A policy addition that addresses damage caused by water, sewer back-up. Such coverage is generally excluded from standard homeowners insurance policies.